Tuesday, May 31, 2011

So Excited!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day and nice long weekend! Sean and I went to NC and got to spend time with my family, which was nice. I feel like we've been able to see both sides of the family a lot lately with everyone coming up here and being able to go to NC more lately. I definitely have decided I would love to be back home at some point with our children. I like NC, but I want to be close to our families.

But, as for the baby! :) I have my NT screening (the 1st trimester screening which tests for the likeliness our baby will have Downs Syndrome and some other genetic disorders) next Monday. I'm really excited for that because it's another ultrasound (which means another picture). And on top of that, a lot of people go when they are about 12 weeks and can get a good prediction about the baby's gender, and I will be 13w2d. So since Sean and I have decided to find out with this LO (little one), I am desperately hoping they can tell me what they think it is. If not, mid-July, please hurry!  ;)

I have also still been doing research on baby stuff ... and let me just say ... there are WAYYYYY too many options. Between a gazillion different choices for carseats/strollers and a bagillion choices for nursery furniture, I'm getting overwhelmed with it all. But I do know I want to cloth diaper and one brand I am interested in is called gDiapers. They're so stinking cute and seem like they make cloth diapering relatively fool proof. A girl I know is selling her tiny g's (for newborns) and I'm going to be able to get a good supply for an awesome deal. So I'm really excited about that too.

All this baby stuff is making me super excited for our LO to come and finally be here. Still no morning sickness or anything. I just go back and forth with being exhausted and having energy as if I wasn't pregnant. So I'm knocking on wood and very thankful for this wonderful little blessing!

Thanks for stopping by! I will keep you updated once I go to the NT screening.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling well! I was the same way with both the boys. All my girlfriends complained about being sick and all I had were headaches, which I had anyway, so I felt pretty lucky. I know you're excited to meet lil' Seantney, but remember to enjoy this time because it is such a miracle...a little person growing right inside of you!!

    Love you bunches!
    Auntie Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Now you are going to have to start posting weekly bump pictures on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne - I am definitely enjoying it. The fact that I haven't been sick lately is very nice and makes it super easy.

    Courtney - I have taken two pictures but since I feel like it's all just 'pudge' right now, I'm not going to post them. Once you can start to tell a difference in the pictures, I'll post them. :)

    ReplyDelete